Unfortunately, this project is under a non-disclosure agreement and I am unable to share my work publicly. If you are interested in learning more about the project, please contact me and I'd be more than happy to discuss with you.





AccuReg wanted a redesign of an existing product to upgrade the user experience and expand upon its features.

The existing product was the result of an acquisition, and AccuReg wanted a new version to make it their own.

I was the sole designer, and worked closely with the Product Manager, a Business Analyst, and the Development Team.

A process of rebranding the product, while introducing additional workflows and new web components.

We are all familiar with arriving at the doctor's office for a visit, and then being handed a clipboard full of forms to fill out about our personal details, medical history, insurance information, and just about anything under the sun. These days many facilities are starting to do this digitally, perhaps with a tablet in the office or a link sent to the patient to complete the information on their phone. This product - EngageCare Patient - is that precisely.

The patient gets sent a link where they can complete this process while they wait to see the doctor. They also can complete this information days before their appointment so there are no insurance surprises, and it also cuts down on wait time in the office. This product does a friendly walk-through with the patient to obtain their information, and also assists with things like taking photos of their insurance card and ID. 

The big advantages of this type of product is that it streamlines the registration process by having the info already digitized, which reduces the amount of work that staff in the office have to do. Also, our feedback is that in many cases its a much more pleasant experience for the patient to be able to enter some information from their phone without sifting through a stack of papers. This technology is likely to become more widespread, and it's important to keep up with the times.


Optimizing for a frictionless experience.

I began by getting familiar with the current UI and its capabilities. The next step was to create a new look for the redesign; this was the fun part. I was working within AccuReg's design system so there were some limitations. I drew inspiration from existing products in the marketplace as well as other mobile device platforms in which have a smooth and frictionless user experience. After my experimenting, I landed on a couple options which I spoke with stakeholders about to get their feedback on direction.

Once we nailed down the look and feel, it was time to account for everything. The user experience of this product is quite simple and minimalistic, while the complexity lies in its configurability. There is a wide collection of different workflows that can be sent out to a patient, depending on what type of information needs to be collected. This results in many different screens possible to be in the intake flow. In collaboration with the Product Manager, we made sure to scrub through all workflows and scenarios so that we had everything accounted for not just in the design but also the documentation for the development team.

In the build stage, I worked closely with the development team to ensure that the end results stayed in alignment with the original design intentions. This consisted mostly of advising on the construction of new web components that were used across this platform and others. Also I had created an interactive prototype which drastically helped as we worked through different aspects of the new UI, and also doubled as a spec guide with CSS values.

Video contains marketing materials about the product, and does not include any UI examples


One aspect about this project that was new to me was the fact that it was designed to be white labeled for existing and future clients. This afforded me many considerations about my approach behind not only the visual aspects but also the built in flexibility to accommodate for different workflows that may have lots of variation across the client base.

Another area of consideration I had to keep in mind was that since this product would be branded with many different client's identities, the design had to be neutral enough so that it could easily fit the mold of different client's branding during the implementation process. Clients would be setting a couple values themselves to accomplish this and the configurability needed to be stripped down to a very simple, fool-proof method.

Speaking of flexibility, another aspect of this design that needed to be easily configurable was different screens used for different workflows. We found that across the client base there was a bit of variation with how they wanted to introduce their form inputs and data collection, so this called for some considerations to be made that there could be some variability in the order the screens were presented.

Check out some of my other projects